- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Maintain current knowledge of state legal regulations for nurse practitioner practice including reimbursement of services.
- Monitor updates from public health agencies to keep abreast of health trends.
- Order diagnostic imaging procedures such as radiographs (x-rays), ultrasounds, mammograms, and bone densitometry tests, or refer patients to other health professionals for these procedures.