- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Assess patients' general physical appearance to make diagnoses.
- Select, order, or administer pre-anesthetic medications.
- Assist ophthalmologists in diagnostic ophthalmic procedures such as ultrasonography, fundus photography, and tonometry.