- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.
- Register, orient, and assess new students according to standards and procedures.
- Confer with leaders of government and community groups to coordinate student training or to find opportunities for students to fulfill curriculum requirements.