- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Advise students on internships, prospective employers, and job placement services.
- Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.
- Prepare and administer written, oral, and performance tests, and issue grades in accordance with performance.