- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Attend professional meetings, conferences, and workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Observe and evaluate the performance of other instructors.
- Participate in publicity planning, community awareness efforts, and student recruitment.