|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Advertising Sales Agent
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Write copy as part of layout.
- Gather all relevant material for bid processes, and coordinate bidding and contract approval.
- Locate and contact potential clients to offer advertising services.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies.
- Consult with product development personnel on product specifications such as design, color, and packaging.
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns.
- Gather and organize information to plan advertising campaigns.
- Formulate plans to extend business with established accounts and to transact business as agent for advertising accounts.