|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers.
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies.
|Advertising Sales Agent
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Determine advertising medium to be used, and prepare sample advertisements within the selected medium for presentation to customers.
- Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services.
- Draw up contracts for advertising work, and collect payments due.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Assist with annual budget development.
- Confer with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
- Coordinate with the media to disseminate advertising.