- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Write technical reports and other documentation such as handbooks and bulletins, for use by engineering staff, management, and customers.
- Analyze project requests and proposals and engineering data to determine feasibility, productibility, cost, and production time of aerospace or aeronautical product.
- Review performance reports and documentation from customers and field engineers, and inspect malfunctioning or damaged products to determine problem.