- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Formulate mathematical models or other methods of computer analysis to develop, evaluate, or modify design according to customer engineering requirements.
- Evaluate and approve selection of vendors by study of past performance and new advertisements.
- Direct and coordinate activities of engineering or technical personnel designing, fabricating, modifying, or testing of aircraft or aerospace products.