- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Review performance reports and documentation from customers and field engineers, and inspect malfunctioning or damaged products to determine problem.
- Evaluate and approve selection of vendors by study of past performance and new advertisements.
- Develop design criteria for aeronautical or aerospace products or systems, including testing methods, production costs, quality standards, and completion dates.