- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Develop design criteria for aeronautical or aerospace products or systems, including testing methods, production costs, quality standards, and completion dates.
- Analyze project requests and proposals and engineering data to determine feasibility, productibility, cost, and production time of aerospace or aeronautical product.
- Direct and coordinate activities of engineering or technical personnel designing, fabricating, modifying, or testing of aircraft or aerospace products.