- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Make objects or characters appear lifelike by manipulating light, color, texture, shadow, and transparency, or manipulating static images to give the illusion of motion.
- Create and install special effects as required by the script, mixing chemicals and fabricating needed parts from wood, metal, plaster, and clay.
- Design complex graphics and animation, using independent judgment, creativity, and computer equipment.