- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Evaluate athletes' readiness to play, and provide participation clearances when necessary and warranted.
- Perform general administrative tasks such as keeping records and writing reports.
- Instruct coaches, athletes, parents, medical personnel, and community members in the care and prevention of athletic injuries.