- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Advise athletes on the proper use of equipment.
- Instruct coaches, athletes, parents, medical personnel, and community members in the care and prevention of athletic injuries.
- Perform general administrative tasks such as keeping records and writing reports.