- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Set up, test, and adjust recording equipment for recording sessions and live performances.
- Separate instruments, vocals, and other sounds, and combine sounds later during the mixing or postproduction stage.
- Mix and edit voices, music, and taped sound effects for live performances and for prerecorded events, using sound mixing boards.