|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials.
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
- Develop and conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, and products.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Design and perform experiments with equipment such as lasers, accelerators, and mass spectrometers.
- Share research findings by writing scientific articles and by making presentations at scientific conferences.
- Isolate, analyze, and synthesize vitamins, hormones, allergens, minerals, and enzymes, and determine their effects on body functions.
|Chemical Plant Operator
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Draw samples of products, and conduct quality control tests in order to monitor processing, and to ensure that standards are met.
- Control or operate chemical processes or systems of machines, using panelboards, control boards, or semi-automatic equipment.
- Record operating data such as process conditions, test results, and instrument readings.