|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Provide technical support and services for scientists and engineers working in fields such as agriculture, environmental science, resource management, biology, and health sciences.
- Monitor laboratory work to ensure compliance with set standards.
- Monitor and observe experiments, recording production and test data for evaluation by research personnel.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Manage team of engineers by creating schedules, tracking inventory, creating and using budgets, and overseeing contract obligations and deadlines.
- Diagnose and interpret bioelectric data, using signal processing techniques.
- Teach biomedical engineering or disseminate knowledge about field through writing or consulting.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Conduct applied research aimed at improvements in areas such as disease testing, crop quality, pharmaceuticals, and the harnessing of microbes to recycle waste.
- Instruct medical students, graduate students, or others in methods or procedures for diagnosis and management of genetic disorders.
- Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies.