|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Set up, adjust, calibrate, clean, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory and field equipment.
- Isolate, identify and prepare specimens for examination.
- Provide technical support and services for scientists and engineers working in fields such as agriculture, environmental science, resource management, biology, and health sciences.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Advise hospital administrators on the planning, acquisition, and use of medical equipment.
- Design and develop medical diagnostic and clinical instrumentation, equipment, and procedures, using the principles of engineering and biobehavioral sciences.
- Analyze new medical procedures to forecast likely outcomes.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Extract deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) or perform diagnostic tests involving processes such as gel electrophoresis, Southern blot analysis, and polymerase chain reaction analysis.
- Conduct applied research aimed at improvements in areas such as disease testing, crop quality, pharmaceuticals, and the harnessing of microbes to recycle waste.
- Confer with vendors to evaluate new equipment or reagents or to discuss the customization of product lines to meet user requirements.