|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Interview show guests about their lives, their work, or topics of current interest.
- Read news flashes to inform audiences of important events.
- Prepare and deliver news, sports, and/or weather reports, gathering and rewriting material so that it will convey required information and fit specific time slots.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Edit news material to ensure that it fits within available time or space.
- Select material most pertinent to presentation, and organize this material into appropriate formats.
- Examine news items of local, national, and international significance in order to determine topics to address, or obtain assignments from editorial staff members.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Prepare for recording sessions by performing activities such as selecting and setting up microphones.
- Record speech, music, and other sounds on recording media, using recording equipment.
- Mix and edit voices, music, and taped sound effects for live performances and for prerecorded events, using sound mixing boards.