|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Business Communications Specialist
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Coach client representatives in effective communication with the public and with employees.
- Confer with production and support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements and promotions.
- Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters and stockholders' reports.
|Business Operations Specialist
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Provide technical or administrative support for sustainability programs or issues.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Assist in laying out material for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.