New York Rental Market

The rental market is very strong across New York. With such high prices in New York City, many people cannot afford to buy and rent. Homeownership is low statewide, and 53%, leaving 47 percent to live in rental units. Apartments are in the form of condominiums, penthouses, townhouses, single-family units, renovated warehouses, hi-rises, penthouse suites and multi-level units.