|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Train students to use drafting machines and to prepare schematic diagrams, block diagrams, control drawings, logic diagrams, integrated circuit drawings, and interconnection diagrams.
- Key and program specified commands and engineering specifications into computer system to change functions and test final layout.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery using computer-assisted equipment.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
|Architectural Engineering Drafter
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Build landscape, architectural and display models.