- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Install hardware such as hinges, handles, catches, and drawer pulls, using hand tools.
- Program computers to operate machinery.
- Measure and mark dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock prior to cutting, following blueprints, to ensure a tight fit and quality product.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Bore boltholes in timber, masonry or concrete walls, using power drill.
- Prepare cost estimates for clients or employers.
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts, and bolts.