- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Dip, brush, or spray assembled articles with protective or decorative finishes such as stain, varnish, paint, or lacquer.
- Design furniture, using computer-aided drawing programs.
- Reinforce joints with nails or other fasteners to prepare articles for finishing.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Study blueprints and diagrams to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
- Arrange for subcontractors to deal with special areas such as heating and electrical wiring work.
- Fabricate parts, using woodworking and metalworking machines.