|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
- Provide caterers with assistance in food preparation or service.
- Prepare daily food items, and cook simple foods and beverages, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, pizza, or coffee using proper safety precautions and sanitary measures.
|Food Service Manager
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance in dining and lodging facilities.
|Meeting and Convention Planner
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Confer with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
- Develop event topics and choose featured speakers.
- Review event bills for accuracy, and approve payment.