- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Perform food preparation and serving duties, such as carving meat, preparing flambe dishes, or serving wine and liquor.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants in an establishment such as a restaurant chain, hospital, or hotel.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.