- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.