- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Advise patients about recommended courses of treatment.
- Obtain and record patients' medical histories.
- Diagnose health problems by reviewing patients' health and medical histories, questioning, observing and examining patients, and interpreting x-rays.