- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Consult with and refer patients to appropriate health practitioners when necessary.
- Counsel patients about nutrition, exercise, sleeping habits, stress management, and other matters.
- Diagnose health problems by reviewing patients' health and medical histories, questioning, observing and examining patients, and interpreting x-rays.