|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Business Information Systems Administrator
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate purchases.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
|Cisco Network Assistant
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, and make purchase recommendations.
- Set up user accounts, regulating and monitoring file access to ensure confidentiality and proper use.
- Work with other engineers, systems analysts, programmers, technicians, scientists and top-level managers in the design, testing and evaluation of systems.
|Cisco Network Support Engineer
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.