- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Assess an individual child's needs, limitations, and potential, using observation, review of school records, and consultation with parents and school personnel.
- Compile and interpret students' test results, along with information from teachers and parents, to diagnose conditions, and to help assess eligibility for special services.
- Report any pertinent information to the proper authorities in cases of child endangerment, neglect, or abuse.