- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Assemble, typeset, scan and produce digital camera-ready art or film negatives and printer's proofs.
- Implement and maintain configuration control systems.
- Create and install special effects as required by the script, mixing chemicals and fabricating needed parts from wood, metal, plaster, and clay.