|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Business Database Administrator
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel.
|Cisco Network Assistant
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Monitor system performance and provide security measures, troubleshooting and maintenance as needed.
- Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, and make purchase recommendations.
- Work with other engineers, systems analysts, programmers, technicians, scientists and top-level managers in the design, testing and evaluation of systems.