- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Converse with customers in order to determine details of equipment problems.
- Clean, oil, and adjust mechanical parts to maintain machines' operating efficiency and to prevent breakdowns.
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
|Cisco Network Support Engineer
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals, or attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
- Hire, supervise, and direct workers engaged in special project work, problem solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.