- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Reinstall software programs or adjust settings on existing software in order to fix machine malfunctions.
- Operate machines in order to test functioning of parts and mechanisms.
- Complete repair bills, shop records, time cards, and expense reports.
|Cisco Network Support Engineer
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.