- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Direct and supervise workers.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.