- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Record symbols on computer storage media and use computer aided transcription to translate and display them as text.
- Ask speakers to clarify inaudible statements.
- Verify accuracy of transcripts by checking copies against original records of proceedings and accuracy of rulings by checking with judges.