|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to the publisher.
- Assign topics, events and stories to individual writers or reporters for coverage.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Review advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing of goods and services to determine the best way to promote products.
- Vary language and tone of messages based on product and medium.
- Plan project arrangements or outlines, and organize material accordingly.