|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
- Arrange for copyright permissions.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Review manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Confer with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction and/or reprinting.
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
- Measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements (copy and illustrations) in order to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler.