|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Certified Dental Assistant
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Schedule appointments, prepare bills and receive payment for dental services, complete insurance forms, and maintain records, manually or using computer.
- Clean teeth, using dental instruments.
- Clean and polish removable appliances.
|Certified Dental Lab Technician
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Remove excess metal or porcelain, and polish surfaces of prostheses or frameworks, using polishing machines.
- Shape and solder wire and metal frames or bands for dental products, using soldering irons and hand tools.
- Read prescriptions or specifications, and examine models and impressions, to determine the design of dental products to be constructed.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Administer local anesthetic agents.
- Maintain dental equipment and sharpen and sterilize dental instruments.
- Maintain patient recall system.