|Certified Dental Lab Technician
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Shape and solder wire and metal frames or bands for dental products, using soldering irons and hand tools.
- Read prescriptions or specifications, and examine models and impressions, to determine the design of dental products to be constructed.
- Train and supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers.
|Certified Dental Assistant
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Assist dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
- Order and monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Fabricate temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Provide clinical services and health education to improve and maintain the oral health of patients and the general public.
- Expose and develop x-ray film.
- Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.