|Certified Dental Lab Technician
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Melt metals or mix plaster, porcelain, or acrylic pastes, and pour materials into molds or over frameworks to form dental prostheses or apparatus.
- Place tooth models on apparatus that mimics bite and movement of patient's jaw to evaluate functionality of model.
- Train and supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers.
|Certified Dental Assistant
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Prepare patient, sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, and assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.