- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Conduct classes, workshops, and demonstrations, and provide individual instruction to teach topics and skills such as cooking, dancing, writing, physical fitness, photography, personal finance, and flying.
- Meet with other instructors to discuss individual students and their progress.
- Prepare students for further development by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.