|Emergency Management Specialist
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Conduct surveys to determine the types of emergency-related needs to be addressed in disaster planning or provide technical support to others conducting such surveys.
- Review emergency plans of individual organizations, such as medical facilities, to ensure their adequacy.
- Study emergency plans used elsewhere to gather information for plan development.