- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Coordinate with treatment center personnel to obtain patients' vital statistics and medical history, to determine the circumstances of the emergency, and to administer emergency treatment.
- Administer first-aid treatment and life-support care to sick or injured persons in prehospital setting.
- Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment, and replenish first-aid equipment and supplies.