- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Develop training programs and routines designed to improve athletic performance.
- Care for athletic injuries using physical therapy equipment, techniques, and medication.
- File athlete insurance claims and communicate with insurance providers.