|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Trace outlines of paper onto cardboard patterns, and cut patterns into parts to make templates.
- Create a paper pattern from which to mass-produce a design concept.
- Trace outlines of specified patterns onto material, and cut fabric using scissors.
|Fashion Tailor and Dressmaker
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Examine tags on garments to determine alterations that are needed.
- Sew buttonholes and attach buttons in order to finish garments.
- Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons, and linings.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Sew together sections of material to form mockups or samples of garments or articles, using sewing equipment.
- Research the styles and periods of clothing needed for film or theatrical productions.
- Examine sample garments on and off models; then modify designs to achieve desired effects.