|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Position and cut out master or sample patterns, using scissors and knives, or print out copies of patterns, using computers.
- Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
- Compute dimensions of patterns according to sizes, considering stretching of material.
|Fashion Tailor and Dressmaker
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Position patterns of garment parts on fabric, and cut fabric along outlines, using scissors.
- Examine tags on garments to determine alterations that are needed.
- Fit, alter, repair, and make made-to-measure clothing, according to customers' and clothing manufacturers' specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Collaborate with other designers to coordinate special products and designs.
- Sketch rough and detailed drawings of apparel or accessories, and write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types, and accessory requirements.
- Attend fashion shows and review garment magazines and manuals in order to gather information about fashion trends and consumer preferences.