|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Adapt other designers' ideas for the mass market.
- Examine sample garments on and off models; then modify designs to achieve desired effects.
- Sketch rough and detailed drawings of apparel or accessories, and write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types, and accessory requirements.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Coordinate with the media to disseminate advertising.
- Direct and coordinate product research and development.
- Coordinate activities of departments, such as sales, graphic arts, media, finance, and research.
|Fashion Sales Representative
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Forward orders to manufacturers.