- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Assign topics, events and stories to individual writers or reporters for coverage.